Ministry of Culture and Tourism: China to resume pilot outbound group tours starting on February 6

Please contact our external service provider VFS Global for making appointments at


The necessary list of supporting documents are the following:

  • Completed application form signed by the traveler
  • Passport
    • it should have been issued within the previous 10 years
    • it should be valid for at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen states
    • it should contain at least two empty pages
  • Photo
    • it should be a passport-size photo taken within the last 6 months
  • Travel medical insurance
    • its minimum coverage should be EUR 30 000
    • it has to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with urgent medical treatment, repatriation for medical reasons or death
    • it should be valid throughout the territory of the Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit
  • The copy of the white badge (of the ADS courier)
  • Minors (under 18 years of age): student card and original letter of the school, mentioning
    • full address, phone number of the school
    • permission for absence
    • name and function of the person giving the permission
    • notary certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship, legalized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
    • when the minor is travelling alone or only with one parent: notary certificate of permission to travel from both parents and legal guardians, legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and when not in China, attested by the relevant authorities in the parents/legal guardians country of residence
  • Chinese nationals: copy of all pages of Hukou (no translation)
  • Proof of accommodation: for the whole duration of the intended stay. Travel itinerary: documents providing clear evidences about the applicant’s travel itinerary (transportation booking, etc.)
  • Proof of solvency of the applicant: bank statements from the last 3 months, no deposits account
  • For employees:
    • sealed copy of the business license of the employing company
    • a letter from the employer (in English, or in Chinese with an English translation) on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:
    •   address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company
    • the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer
    • the name of the applicant, position salary and years of service
    • approval for leave and absence.
  • For retired persons: proof of pension or other regular income
  • For unemployed persons:
    • if married letter of employment and income of the spouse and notary certificate of marriage, legalized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
    • if single /divorced /widow/widower: any other proof of regular income.
  • Application fee

VFS Global will not make a decision in the Schengen visa applications, the external service provider is only responsible for receiving the application and sending the files to the responsible Embassy in Beijing or Consulate Generals in Shanghai or Chongqing.

Please be informed, that a tourist group application can be submitted within or outside the ADS framework, it is the travellers’ choice to join an ADS tourist group or a tourist group without an ADS authorized travel agency.